Our vision to create a new, welcoming community space was born in 2016. Since then, our Queen's Drive building has been undergoing a remarkable transformation from historic church building into a modern multi purpose facility, renamed "The Point".
As we draw closer to completion of The Point, we reflect on our vision for this welcome addition to our church facilities and how we are connecting in our local and wider community.
For many years we have worked to serve our community with a range of services and projects, with many of our church staff and members volunteering in the local community and becoming active contributors to the welfare of the city.
Back in 2010, our vision to "call a city to life" was launched, seeking to bring personal and social transformation to the City of Glasgow. As our vision to serve and support our community has grown, we have many new ways to share the life-transforming power of Jesus. Building on this, The Point has been developed as a nurturing place of wellbeing, where people of all cultural and faith backgrounds can feel at home.
At The Point we aim to:
- Encourage A Healthy Community - be a place of wellbeing
- Build Stronger Families - be a place of nurture
- Welcome People Into The Community - be a place of inclusion
- Enable Skills For Life - be a place for learning
A range of services and activities will take place at the facility, to support many people in our community:
- support for families and young people
- education and training such as debt counselling, financial management and language learning
- services to isolated and lonely older people in the community
- services for pre-school and school children
- flexible spaces for community gatherings
- meeting facilities
- counselling and pyschotherapy services
- other community based mental health services
We look forward to connecting further with our community as we serve and love in Jesus' name.
More information will be posted on our website in the coming months. For volunteering opportunities, or if you would like to speak to us about partnering with us in services and activities, please email us at email@example.com.